Monday, January 6, 2014

The new Fatshark Attitude V2 FPV goggles kit

After trying to fly FPV using my 7” lcd monitor from Bangood, it’s time to step up and become more “immersed”
to my quad by using some FPV goggles. I got some Attitude V2 kits, with camera, cables and polarized antennas, which are really
plug and play, all you need is a 2S or 3S li-po to power it up, really nice and simple.
Check out below the first time unboxing video and the package contents…



Since I was used to fly with an LCD attached on my Devo 10 with a bracket, I often took my eyes off the screen to look at my quad…
bad and distracting habit but sometimes necessary. At the first moment I put the goggles on I was pleasantly impressed with the image quality
they display from the small Fatshark CMOS camera bundled in the kit. Just a very small blue-ish colour around the lcd’s but barely noticeable
and due to the optics getting the wider FOV.
The Dominator goggles are supposed to have just a bit clearer picture (never tried myself) but the FOV is smaller and the IPD’s are not adjustable.
Fortunately the goggles suit me just fine on the largest IPD position, so definitely the Domi’s would have been no good on my bigger head…
Below you can see the individual detailed pictures with all the items that came in the kit.

The box's contents

Front view of the goggles

Left view

bask view looking in the goggles-you can see the green edge due to the adjustable IPD's

Right side

Top view

Underneath the goggles

The 600 TVL Cmos FPV camera bundled in the V2 kit(missing in the V1 Attitudes)

Backside of the 600 TVL


The bundled 250mW VTX for 5.8ghz



Filtering element allowing 2, 3 or 4S power


Stock antennas

Cloth for cleaning the goggles

Cables

more cables

still more cables :)

and the last of it...

Nice fatshark stickers

manual in good english

the kit's content detailed

the top of the box

a nice feature, actually someone checked that all is working, which was true

the polarized spironet antenna box

the polarized antenna set



These are the full specs of the kit:
·         New Trinity head tracker with 3 axis : pan / tilt / roll;
·         35 degrees field of view with backlit polarized technology
·         640x480 dots with 922k pizels VGA NTSC/PAL auto select
·         New generation Nexware receiver (AWEX682)
·         Adjustable PID (59-69mm)
·         Optional diopter lens inserts of -2, -4, -6 dp
·         Usable frequencies: CH1: 5740 MHz CH2: 5760 MHz CH3: 5780 MHz CH4: 5800 Mhz
CH5: 5820 MHz CH6: 5840 Mhz CH7: 5860 MHz
·         Comes with bundled Attitude V2 goggles,  600 TVL CMOS camera(with 2.8mm IR coated lens and 100 degrees FOV), 250mw VTX(5.8Ghz), filtered balance lead adaptor, 2 off 3dBi antennas, 3.5mm  JR cable, Futaba 6P cable, ezUHF cable, zipper case, leans cleaner cloth, AV cable and clear English manual.
A nice feature is that you can power the camera and VTX from any li-po varying from 2S to 3S or 4S, since it has already in the kit a filtered balance powered harness connector, so no more need for additional battery…
Also, since I want the best range for this setup I suggest the spironet polarized antennas, but I will test for range later and update the info here…
Hoped you find the info usefull and enjoy your version of the Attitudes V2 same as I did J

Fly safe and take care !

3 comments:

  1. What a great post! We are looking for feedback on the Fatshark.

    If you could keep us up-to-date on your latest tests that would be awesome. We've heard a lot of great things about the FatShark and we are very curious to see how this version works out. Thanks for posting summary photos in the video was great keep it up.

    Keith
    http://www.rchelimag.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear Dave,
      Thanks for your comments, so far I have re-located from Asia back to home Europe and didn't had much time for the hobby :( but I will catch up...
      So far the goggles performed well, with no issues yet...
      I will keep updating this post
      Cheers
      Florin

      Delete
  2. Great post! I fly multirotors in addition to my micro planes; thanks for the information on these FPV goggles!

    John
    umflight.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...