Sunday, January 5, 2014

My new "old" project - the HJ Alien quadcopter


          Hello again dear friends,
Despite my initial plan to make a build breakdown for all the quad's systems, I will try to summarize it all in just this one post, since it was pretty straight forward to build and setup. Also since some subscribers from my youtube channel asked me for more pictures, I will post them also, below...
And since some of you might ask why the {new "old" project} in the title the answer is that this kit is back in the original box it came in, and all the electronics were transferred into my new Hoverthings Flip Fpv - Pro quad, which is my latest project, details to follow in a later post...


The sunnysky X2212 / 980kv motor-nice and smooth


Motor mounting using the kit's hexagonal bolts (4 for each motor)

The rear motors fitted

The 3 esc wires routed through the quad's arms

The Sunnysky motor prop adaptor(special motors for multirotor)

All 4 motors fitted on the arms

Top plate also fitted to check how it all binds together

My Crius AIOP V2 flight controller

All the parts needed for this build

Already modified/shortened the esc to motor wires

ESC fitted to the arm

The "spider web" connections :)

Rear side arm...ESC fitted with tie wrap underneath

Both rear ESC's secured...


LED's installed-highly reccomended

Red LED's in the back

Green props in the front orange in the back- not necessary

Wiring routing without distribution board


Finally all "closed up"


As conclusions, for the price of 29 usd, it's not bad at all and it can be used by any beginner...
The arms are not as bad as many people complain, but I never had original DJI arms to compare against.
Initially I used megapirate NG in my Crius Aiop V2 flight controller because it seem so cool to have waypoint navigation and the interface was nice...But I didnt like the way it flew and the countless hours I lost adjusting the PID values...Anyway, after transferring everything to my new Flip FPV I also tried Multiwii 2.3 and with stock PID's it flies better than any of my MPNG configurations, so I'm not looking back.
I suggest you guys install multiwii straight on and save lost time and frustration, not to mention the direct bluetooth connection that works from your laptop, tablet or smartphone...wicked :)
Again, please feel free to put any questions or share any ideas you had, and hopefully other newbies like I also was, will save time and find some usefull information here.
Fly safe and enjoy the below movie:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...