Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Cheapest digital pitch gauge?



Hello again my friends
I was looking for a cheap digital pitch gauge to use on my 450 flybarless heli, and since the Align AP800 costs around 35 USD, I decided I would try the Tarot (clone) that I found on miracle-mart.com for 16 USD...
The gauge has backlight LCD, meaning you can use it in pitch black darkness(not really seeing the point of doing that, but you can :), It had already batteries inside, which these days is a rare commodity, it's detachable, so you can attach the lower part seen above to your blade, and then connect by pushing in place the electronic part which has autorotation function, meaning even if you hold it upside-down it will rotate the angle reading 180 degrees for the reading...
Important: you must tell it first the zero level...

Some specs available:
It can read up to approx 60 degrees pitch with 0.1 degree precision
It works with 20 to 72 mm width blades
It has 110x55x16 mm.

What I liked:
  • price
  • batteries included
  • backlight LCD
  • simple to use
What I disliked:
  • the quality of the plastic used
The manual in the box

Working upside-down

Detached from the blade fixing device

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...