Tuesday, July 8, 2014

WL TOYS A959 RC Buggy

Hello Friends,
Even if this blog started as "RC HELI...." here I am lately posting about multirotors and today, surprise: and RC buggy...Bare with me on this one :)
I guess all boys at a certain age dreamt of  having an RC car at some times(and other things I will not mention here :)... Mine was a Peugeot 205 with the Ari Vatanen sticker on it, but that car wasn't meant to be mine back then...Many years later, here I am being the owner of an 1:18 scale buggy from www.banggood.com, for which I thank them...It's a 4WD buggy from WL TOYS called the A959.



 Funny thing is that for WL toys it all started a few years back with the V911, from which I also own one, and I guess with good management decisions they expanded into multirotors and now RC cars...I guess many of us were surprised when the L959 came. It looked like a real RC car that could wheelie on throttle, isnt't that something ? I looked at that but banggood (Sami at that time) suggested this smaller 4WD, and I liked the idea to be honest...
Just a few hours ago, I filmed the unboxing but I could only play a bit in my apartment, but wow what an acceleration this beast has....AMAZINGGG, I cannot wait to go outside and see really how it performs...A piece of advice still: since this buggy uses a brushed motor, take it slow on the throttle, untill the motor's brushes settle in.
The buggy has a claimed "maximum velocity " of 50 km/h (yes, you read correctly) and it uses a 2.4 Ghx tx/rx system. I like already the nice suspensions which are not too soft like the L959 seems to be, and the grip on the tires is also good.
What I don't like is that in order to access the battery you have to open 2 metal pins to remove the canopy, install the battery, and later switch the buggy on, again from under the canopy.
Not very convenient but maybe a cost saving idea for WL Toys?
I want to end this post in a positive note and tell you that I am very excited about this buggy, and I hope it will be a nice and funny ride alltogether...

Some dimensions and specs of the car:
Vehicle size (LxWxH) = 245x175x94mm;
Wheelbase  165mm
Wheelspan 105mm
Wheel diameter /width 61mm / 28mm
TX battery 4xAA
Car battery 2S (7.4V) / 1100mAh
Motor 390
Control distance 100 above is mentioned in the manual

Please enjoy the unboxing video I uploaded, and I will upload another video (at least) showing you how the buggy actually goes, and more pictures, so please stay tuned...


You can find this great product that banggood.com provided me, here:
http://www.banggood.com/Wltoys-A959-Rc-Car-1-Or-18-2_4Gh-4WD-Off-Road-Buggy-p-916961.html

Below is the unboxing video from youtube :



 Update: 19.07.2014 I just managed to get my shaft a bit of off-set which rubs against the electronic parts. Guess it happened when my wheels were stuck and I pushed still on the throttle...

I hope you find all the pictures you need below, pictures taken during transmission shaft dissasembling:






Maximum rear wheel travel





Maximum steering left

Maximum steering right


differential opened








Please check the unboxing and short review movie:



Please check the test drive video here:

5 comments:

  1. This is the first time i am reading your post and admire that you posted article which gives users lot of information regarding particular topic thanks for this share.
    Remote control helicopter Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Thomas,
    Thanks for your kind comment...
    Just uploaded more pictures during my transmission shaft "straightening"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah good job, Im learning heaps just by reading blogs like your.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Men, great photos!! Very useful for decide my buy, I find all parts for do the upgrade except the metal diferential gears but I think adapt from another brand...
    Thanks for your review

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...