Monday, December 1, 2014

Are Afro ESC with SimonK firmware that good?

Hello again,

As you might know, I have amongst other quads a Flip Fpv Pro-G version, the G standing for gimbal.
Since this is my main beater quad, I thought it deserves some better ESC's than the old(non SimonK) ones it had, so I got 4 from HK + the programmer for them.


Since the main benefit over the regular ESC's is the better refresh rate, meaning the commands from your flight controller will reach the motors faster and thus giving a more stable and "locked" feeling in flight, I was expecting to see a real improvement during testing.
To be honest I was a bit disappointed  since I could barely see a faster motor reaction compared to my old ESC's .
Since these have the original SimonK firmware I assume they should work as advertised, do they?
 Below is the movie I made...please check it out and let me know if anyone else had a similar issue with their SimonK Afro ESCs? Some other movies that I have seen on youtube showed a better motors response than mines...
I want to mention that my motors are Sunnysky X2212 / 980KV.
Thanks a lot !


1 comment:

  1. Hello my friend! I would like to tell you that this write-up is awesome, great written and include almost all important info. I recently came to know about http://toysuae.com/, their RC Cars Toy are very effective.
    RC Cars Toy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...