Monday, February 4, 2013

Using Devo receiver on non walkera heli


             Hello All,
A good thing happening, is that Walkera seems to improve the quality of their products, anong wich the relatively new transmitter, the DEVO 10. I decided like probably many other to trust this TX and use it on my bigger size heli(450 size) and not only on the Walkera heli’s like my Master CP or my Genius CP V2.
So far no issue, and no regrets, only downside would be a limited amount of “how to” info’s compared for example with Spektrum or Futaba gear.
Since I struggled a bit, to figure out the connection settings and setup for my 450 build using my Devo 10 and RX-1002 receiver, I think somebody else can find this info as useful, and I will explain below how I connected everything for a 6 channel CCPM helicopter, in my case the elevator being in front of the swashplate…

ELEV : connect the elevator servo,
AILE : connected the front left servo
THRO : connected the ESC
RUDD : connected the main GYRO wires
GEAR: nothing connected here (in my setup, I assigned the AUX2 for Gain, and the MIX switch since it has 2 position for setting up)
AUX 1 : connected the right servo or pitch channel
AUX 2 : connected the gyro gain wire(single wire)

One important thing to look after is the orientation of the pins, since on some servos it is white or yellow wire which is assigned for the signal wire (you need this later if you convert it to flybarless like my case), the power is always the red colour wire in the middle, and the negative is the black or brown on some other servos.
You must connect always with the white (signal wires) towards the receiver label, and also my advice is to use a foam on the frame to fit the receiver on, without tension in the wires.
I hope this short guide was usefull to you , and until next time I wish you all happy flying and blue sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...