Tuesday, February 26, 2013

WL toys V911 - best bang for the buck 4 channel FP

V911 bundle package, usually comes with 2 batts, main blades, tail blades+USB charger
  Hello again,
So you want to know more about the WL toys V911?
I will have to tell a small personal story, that all started in September 2012 when I was on a business trip to Shanghai. This time it happened: I bought my first coaxial heli, an DFD F-161 heli, and to get it, I asked all the chinese sellers: best? Best? And their answer was yes J. I had the flying bug in me since young age by reading all my father”s aeronautical magazines, but this time I just reached my hand and grabbed my first R/C toy.
After getting back home, in a very short time against my wife’s desperation, I told myself: hey, this is a small heli, I want something bigger, and to be honest I read many other people that did just like me; guess what: I bought a 450 size ! heli, an Esky Belt CPX… That was really something…big noisy and intimidating and wrong…
After starting to read and understand more about R/C  helis, I realized I took too many steps ahead and I was soooo wrong by doing so…
Finally, to end this small story: I bought the right heli: the V911…yes, it should be a lesson learnt for all, and the channel numbers are made with a purpose: 3.5 CH, 4 CH, 6CH and more…
Dear friends: follow this rule and you will be safe with the learning curve…If you already have a coaxial, or you just want to start in this (expensive) hobby, the V911 or any other 4 channel heli is the way to go. Being so small is great for indoor practice, and also due to it’s weight it takes crashes easily, just make sure you close the throttle when things go South J Don’t’ jump buying big helis like my 6 channel because it will only lead to frustration and no learning, unless you really have a lot of free time and a simulator…
As an advice, I can only tell you that the sparts parts I needed were blades and flybar, both of these breaking due to multiple crashes. The frame and the two small servos had no issue at all. I recommend using the small V911 indoors only, even tough they claim it can fly outdoors too( maybe only in no wind like the coax heli), and you can just improve your hovering skills, and learn orientations, but you can also fly small circuits inside your room.
Just in order to clear any doubt, the V911 is a clone of the much more expensive TREX 100 heli, and if you look at the two you will find a striking resemblance (similar to “copy&paste”)
In the below picture you can find the available colour options:
 
What I like:
-RTF price is about 30 USD !
-stable indoor flier
-takes crashes easily
What I don’t like
-battery life is 3-4 minutes only
-motor is quite noisy

 V911 Specifications
1). Main Rotor Diameter: 192 mm
2). Tail Rotor Diameter: 36 mm
3). Overall Length: 220 mm
4). Height: 82 mm
5). All Up Weight: 32g
6). Battery: 3.7V Li-Po
Here you can see the movie I made so you have an idea of what’s in the box, and how it hovers.

>

Hope you enjoyed reading this, until next time : happy flying
Florin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...