Saturday, September 28, 2013

My 7 inch LCD monitor for FPV

Hello again,
I want to introduce to you a good LCD monitor suitable for FPV according to the specs, provided by Banggood.com, which you can buy from here .


The nice thing for some of you is that this LED LCD monitor has already a 5.8 Ghz FPV receiver included, so, normally you just need a FPV transmitter in order to work. Of course you can input the signal from your normal FPV receiver since the monitor has a 2 channel input selection, channel 1 for the built in receiver and channel 2 for the cable audio in video. Also it comes with a small hood, which might not be enough in strong daylight, but only suffice at lower light.The image quality was good with enough brightness even at 50%, so I think the specified 450 cd/m2 is achieved.
The specs are listed below and are according to banggood's information:
Screen size: 7 inch
Screen type: TFT LCD Screen LED backlight
Resolution: 800 x 480
Brightness: 450cd/m2
Contrast: 500:1
View Angle: 140/120degree (Horizontal/Vertical)
Working Voltage: 11.1V Li-po battery
Power Consumption: < 6w
Size: 170 x 110x 40mm
Working temperature: -10℃~+ 65 ℃

Working Frequency:
CH1: 5705MHz
CH2: 5685MHz
CH3: 5665MHz
CH4: 5645MHz
CH5: 5885MHz
CH6: 5905MHz
CH7: 5925MHz
CH8: 5945MHz

Features:
Built-in 5.8Ghz receiver
RPSMA Antenna Connections
Built-in 1CH 5.8Ghz AV output and 1CH AV input
Support 9 languages menu selection

The only let's say not great things about this LCD is that the screen is a bit reflective and that the connectors are not as in the banggood's website, but as you can see it in my below video, so please consider this when preparing your connectors ahead. 
I will do a follow up video showing it "in action" since people already asked me about the blue screen and the recovery time from that...I can tell you already it will go blue screen on heavy interference(low signal) and will recover fast...


What I liked:
  • good price vs performance;
  • good brightness
  • good image quality
  • FPV receiver included
  • fast recovery after signal is lost
What I didn't liked:
  • connectors not like in the product images;
  • screen a bit reflexive

4 comments:

  1. had an great experience with this LCD monitor and fabulous LCD Monitor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's not bad at all...What I didn't like and I told banggood back also is that they advertised a product and in reality the product was different, and by this I mean the power connector was different..Not a big issue but still not something to expect...
      Glad you like it... My "chinese" 5.8 ghz receiver is still on the shelf getting dust and never been used...

      Delete
  2. I considered buying LED Monitor 10 years ago . i Agreed excellent system

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nisha,
      Why do you mean by 10 years ago? I think back at that time FPV wasn't even borned if I'm not mistaking...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...