Thursday, September 26, 2013

My new project: FPV quadcopter - the frame

THE HJ 450 frame with the top side sitting along

Following the introduction from the initial build post, let's move on to THE FRAME

Again, I choose this design over the classic one, because of the versatility of the TBS Discovery like frame… Assembling it was an easy task, but I suggest to use blue Loctite for the screws if you want to keep everything in place… You can see more in the pictures below…Anyway, I think that it would be a good idea to prepare your electronics aside the frame and plan on how to attach everything…
Also before mounting the top plate of the frame, I suggest to put in the flight controller, or at least to take a picture of all the connectors, pins and wires going to the FC for later convenience…In the below shot, I just formally installed the motors to check if the supplied screws match and everything works fine, and it did :)


 In the below picture, I just used a piece of foam pad that I had sitting around from a tarot zyx controller, and I will fit it under the Crius AIOP v2 flight controller to damped any vibrations from the motors...If you used anything better please let me know by posting your comment...
Currently my build is on hold since 3 out of 5 ESC's I ordered were dead on arrivel( 1 ordered extra just for this case)

 
After the ESC's will arrive, I will solder the bullet connectors, program them and resume my build...
Stay tuned for more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...